Georgia-Pacific Gypsum has announced the availability of its new online LEED® Calculator aimed at simplifying the process for determining its products’ potential contribution to LEED credits. Specifically, the calculator will provide information about the potential of earning the rating system’s Materials and Resource Credits MR4 Recycled Content and MR5 Regional Materials. Designed for use by facility managers, architects, other specifiers, contractors, and suppliers, the LEED Calculator is available here.
Georgia-Pacific Gypsum’s LEED calculator provides immediate access to LEED credit contribution information with the input of several pieces of information. Facility managers can type in their project name (located in U.S), zip code, and their Georgia-Pacific Gypsum product choice(s). (Not all LEED Credits are applicable in Canada and Mexico; refer to the World Green Building Council. For information about LEED Canada, visit that site.)
For each product, the calculator asks where it was manufactured (if you don’t know, you can contact the distributor, or call a toll-free number for assistance), along with purchase cost. The calculator then provides a report and printable letter that outline the relevant LEED credit documentation for the products chosen. Categories of information include recycled content and regional material availability.
“The importance of sustainable construction demands that our customers have timely and accurate information on the key attributes of our products,” said Barry Reid, LEED AP, and Georgia-Pacific’s business development marketing manager. “As part of our ongoing commitment to our customers, we are pleased to make this valuable tool available online, so information can be easily calculated and supporting documents created.”
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Cyber Security In Real Estate
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention