NEW SERVICE SPOTLIGHT: Georgia-Pacific Gypsum LEED Calculator
Georgia-Pacific Gypsum has announced the availability of its new online LEED® Calculator aimed at simplifying the process for determining its products’ potential contribution to LEED credits. Specifically, the calculator will provide information about the potential of earning the rating system’s Materials and Resource Credits MR4 Recycled Content and MR5 Regional Materials. Designed for use by facility managers, architects, other specifiers, contractors, and suppliers, the LEED Calculator is available here.
Georgia-Pacific Gypsum’s LEED calculator provides immediate access to LEED credit contribution information with the input of several pieces of information. Facility managers can type in their project name (located in U.S), zip code, and their Georgia-Pacific Gypsum product choice(s). (Not all LEED Credits are applicable in Canada and Mexico; refer to the World Green Building Council. For information about LEED Canada, visit that site.)
For each product, the calculator asks where it was manufactured (if you don’t know, you can contact the distributor, or call a toll-free number for assistance), along with purchase cost. The calculator then provides a report and printable letter that outline the relevant LEED credit documentation for the products chosen. Categories of information include recycled content and regional material availability.
“The importance of sustainable construction demands that our customers have timely and accurate information on the key attributes of our products,” said Barry Reid, LEED AP, and Georgia-Pacific’s business development marketing manager. “As part of our ongoing commitment to our customers, we are pleased to make this valuable tool available online, so information can be easily calculated and supporting documents created.”
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- FM Alert: Is Your Facility Ready For Winter Weather?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Did You Miss The “What You Haven’t Heard About LED Upgrades – But Should!” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- Upgrading Power Transformers