Stonhard, a manufacturer and installer of seamless floor, wall and lining systems, recently donated $20,000 to the Cook Children’s Health Foundation in Fort Worth, TX. Members of Stonhard’s sales management team presented the check to Nancy Cychol, president, Cook Children’s Medical Center and Stan Davis, VP Support Services there, this past September.
After having completed more than $1 million worth of flooring within the Cook Children’s Heath Care System and cultivating a relationship for nearly 10 years, Stonhard realized that Cook Children’s needs extended past its floors and beyond its physical structures. After Stonhard completed a project in mid-2010, management involved with the project decided that a donation to the Cook Children’s Health Foundation would be an appropriate way to honor the good that the organization performs and to thank them for their loyalty to Stonhard.
Stonhard’s donation will be used by the Cook Children’s Health Foundation to help fund the organization’s initiatives. Cook Children’s is currently undergoing a $250 million expansion project that, according to President and CEO of Cook Children’s Health Care System, Rick Merrill, will “add 40 percent to the current campus footprint. It will also increase much needed space in our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, med/surgery units and strengthen our family amenities,” he says.
Cook Children’s also works closely with the Children’s Miracle Network, and the organization never turns away a child, regardless of their family’s ability to pay for their care.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation