Chicago Hosts 2012 IFMA Facility Fusion
This April, the International Facility Management Association’s third annual Facility Fusion Conference & Expo will help facility, design, and real estate professionals strengthen their competitive advantage through instructor-led educational courses, an expo showcasing the latest workplace products and services, cutting edge facility tours, and other professional development and networking opportunities. Held April 11-13, 2012 in Chicago, IL, at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers, Facility Fusion will bring together a collection of industry experts offering new ideas, proven strategies, and best practices attendees can implement immediately to heighten productivity and improve operations within their building portfolios. The event will feature industry-leading keynote speaker presentations, 84 educational sessions, and an expo with more than 85 exhibiting companies.
The conference’s first day will feature educational sessions highlighting ways built environment professionals can make a more effective business case to the C-suite, engage building occupants on sustainability initiatives, identify best practices that don’t break the bank, build their professional presence, and use Building Information Modeling to increase efficiency and productivity. Representatives from Brown University, the Georgia Institute of Technology, Kaiser Permanente, the National Institute of Building Sciences, and the Smithsonian Institution will present.
The Facility Fusion expo will debut Wednesday and remain open through Thursday, April 12. Open to the public at no cost, the expo will feature more than 85 exhibiting companies showcasing the latest products and services impacting the workplace.
Thursday will also feature educational sessions covering topics including sustainability benchmarking, efficient space management, food service and employee wellness, effective communication with senior leadership, and mobile workforce management. Representatives from Bentley University, HOK, Humana, and the International Institute for Sustainable Laboratories will present.
Additionally, Thursday’s Facility Fusion expo will be themed “Chicago Day” and feature appearances by Miss Illinois 2012 Ashley Hooks and Miss Illinois 2010 Ashley Bradarich, who will attend in support of the charitable IFMA Foundation. Bradarich currently works in the facility management profession and is an IFMA member.
Educational sessions on Friday will cover topics including making corporate real estate strategy decisions, defining environmental performance metrics, utilizing value engineering to meet budget constraints, and developing a strategic facilities plan. Representatives from BAE Systems, CBRE, Johnson Controls, Jones Lang LaSalle, and Planon will present. The final day of Facility Fusion will also include behind-the-scenes tours of several Chicago-area facilities, including the Jewelers Building — featured in “Batman Begins” and “Transformers” — UPS’ Chicago Consolidation Hub, and Willis Tower, formerly the Sears Tower.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.