Master of Science in Facility Management Program Announced for Fall 2012
Wentworth Institute of Technology has announced that a new graduate program in Facility Management will be launched in the fall of 2012. The Master of Science in Facility Management (MSFM) program is designed to educate students in management principles, enhance facility management skills and knowledge, and prepare them for advancing their careers in the facility management area.
Managing the built environment is an increasingly valued competence that integrates the elements of project management: finance; real estate; employees and their working environment; space planning; building operations and maintenance; and quality assessment. As companies today are particularly focused on implementing cost-cutting measures to improve profitability, streamline operations, and compete globally, students will learn the leadership and business skills necessary to respond to keep their facilities highly efficient and functional.
“There are tremendous job opportunities and unmet demands in the growing field of facilities management,” said Suzanne Kennedy, chair of the Management and Facilities Department “The role of facility manager continues to evolve as organizations become increasingly sophisticated and efficient. More companies recognize the need for facility managers to have an academic background and see the function as a key business operation, especially since it is typically the second highest cost to a business behind labor.”
The MSFM program, the Institute’s third graduate program, is structured as a blended learning model that includes face-to-face and online delivery. It is offered as an evening program for adult learners, and can be completed in five semesters.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Facilities Generate Revenue With Frequency Regulation