DensDeck Prime Roof Boards from Georgia-Pacific Gypsum were recently enhanced to provide broader compatibility and higher performance with roofing adhesives. In adhered, single ply membrane testing, these fiberglass mat cover boards demonstrated an average of 24% better bond strength than the original product, when using solvent based adhesives (average based on a 60 sq.ft./gallon coverage rates).
With this enhancement, DensDeck Prime allows adhesives to be applied more evenly and uniformly. As a result, the amount of adhesive used and the labor needed to apply it is potentially reduced. For fully adhered and self-adhered “peel and stick” roofing systems as well as hot mopped, cold mastic, and torch-applied modified bitumen roofs, DensDeck Prime reduces the
amount of mastic or adhesive required, potentially eliminating the field primer.
The product features the mold resistance, fire resistance, strength, and dimensional stability of all DensDeck Roof Boards. DensDeck Prime has scored a 10, the highest level of performance for mold resistance under the ASTM D3273 test method.
New 1/2″ and 5/8″ DensDeck Prime come with a 90-day limited warranty for exposure to normal weather conditions when installed vertically on a parapet wall.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation