DensDeck Prime Roof Boards from Georgia-Pacific Gypsum were recently enhanced to provide broader compatibility and higher performance with roofing adhesives. In adhered, single ply membrane testing, these fiberglass mat cover boards demonstrated an average of 24% better bond strength than the original product, when using solvent based adhesives (average based on a 60 sq.ft./gallon coverage rates).
With this enhancement, DensDeck Prime allows adhesives to be applied more evenly and uniformly. As a result, the amount of adhesive used and the labor needed to apply it is potentially reduced. For fully adhered and self-adhered “peel and stick” roofing systems as well as hot mopped, cold mastic, and torch-applied modified bitumen roofs, DensDeck Prime reduces the
amount of mastic or adhesive required, potentially eliminating the field primer.
The product features the mold resistance, fire resistance, strength, and dimensional stability of all DensDeck Roof Boards. DensDeck Prime has scored a 10, the highest level of performance for mold resistance under the ASTM D3273 test method.
New 1/2″ and 5/8″ DensDeck Prime come with a 90-day limited warranty for exposure to normal weather conditions when installed vertically on a parapet wall.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs