The presentation, “YES is More”, will highlight the General Session, Wednesday, May 12th at 10:00am in the Grand Ballroom of the PACC.
Ingels started Bjarke Ingels Group (BIG) in 2005 after co-founding PLOT Architects in 2001 and working at OMA in Rotterdam. Through a series of award-winning design projects and buildings, he has created an international reputation as a member of a new generation of architects that combine shrewd analysis, playful experimentation, social responsibility, and humor.
Alongside his architectural practice, Ingels has been active as a Visiting Professor at Rice University’s School of Architecture and most recently at Harvard University’s Graduate School of Design. He currently holds a guest lecturer position at Columbia University’s Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation.
“Bjarke’s architectural style is awe inspiring and mind stretching,” notes Jayne Dalton, show manager. “His projects are truly amazing feats of imagination and talent.” He spoke at the 2009 TED Conference, appears on YouTube, and his firm’s Web site offers details of his buildings that not only look like nature, they act like nature: blocking the wind, collecting solar energy, and creating stunning views.
Admission to the General Session and Bjarke’s presentation is included with attendee registration which opens online in mid-January. Free Exhibit Hall admission and discounted Education Packages are available through April 8, 2010.
CONSTRUCT2010, co-located with The TFM Show, are both owned and produced by Hanley Wood. From May 11-14, 2010, facility managers, architects, engineers, contractors, specifiers, and other key professionals will be attending for accredited education and to find new products, innovative solutions, and the latest in technology for the institutional, industrial, and commercial building industry.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs