The presentation, “YES is More”, will highlight the General Session, Wednesday, May 12th at 10:00am in the Grand Ballroom of the PACC.
Ingels started Bjarke Ingels Group (BIG) in 2005 after co-founding PLOT Architects in 2001 and working at OMA in Rotterdam. Through a series of award-winning design projects and buildings, he has created an international reputation as a member of a new generation of architects that combine shrewd analysis, playful experimentation, social responsibility, and humor.
Alongside his architectural practice, Ingels has been active as a Visiting Professor at Rice University’s School of Architecture and most recently at Harvard University’s Graduate School of Design. He currently holds a guest lecturer position at Columbia University’s Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation.
“Bjarke’s architectural style is awe inspiring and mind stretching,” notes Jayne Dalton, show manager. “His projects are truly amazing feats of imagination and talent.” He spoke at the 2009 TED Conference, appears on YouTube, and his firm’s Web site offers details of his buildings that not only look like nature, they act like nature: blocking the wind, collecting solar energy, and creating stunning views.
Admission to the General Session and Bjarke’s presentation is included with attendee registration which opens online in mid-January. Free Exhibit Hall admission and discounted Education Packages are available through April 8, 2010.
CONSTRUCT2010, co-located with The TFM Show, are both owned and produced by Hanley Wood. From May 11-14, 2010, facility managers, architects, engineers, contractors, specifiers, and other key professionals will be attending for accredited education and to find new products, innovative solutions, and the latest in technology for the institutional, industrial, and commercial building industry.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention