NEW SERVICE SPOTLIGHT: Smart Building Solution
Building on an existing relationship formed in 2007 to create energy efficient data centers, this new offering can benefit any building or portfolio of buildings. Johnson Controls will combine its experience in energy efficiency and sustainable services and technologies with IBM’s experience in software, hardware, and services. The result will help facility management professionals address the growing pressure to improve energy and asset management performance across their enterprises.
Key elements of the offering are designed to address critical building performance areas including systems integration, energy management, enterprise reporting, space utilization, and asset management.
- Systems Integration: The integration of building systems, business systems, and smart grid technologies using Johnson Controls’ EnNet and IBM software offers increased information on the performance of buildings to reduce operating costs and keep occupants safe, comfortable, and productive.
- Energy Management: Energy management offerings that use energy waste detection, reporting, and intelligent control capabilities have proven potential to drive between 10% and 20% energy savings across an enterprise. The Johnson Controls Metasys Sustainability Manager, combined with IBM business analytics software, provides actionable information to help reduce energy consumption and waste.
- Enterprise Reporting: The Johnson Controls’ Energy and Emissions Management System, with IBM enterprise reporting capability, provides organizations with the capability to calculate greenhouse gas levels by measuring, managing, and forecasting activities related to energy cost, consumption, energy efficiency projects, fleet emissions, and waste.
- Space Optimization: Johnson Controls’ Visible Living Lab tools and services, combined with IBM building space management solutions and advanced analytics, provide visibility across a building or building complex, driving between 10% and 20% improvement in space utilization. Underused space can be identified and more efficient options defined, including footprint consolidation, divestiture, and relocation.
The Johnson Controls Metasys Building Management System integrated with the IBM Maximo asset management solution provides tools and services that deliver between 10% and 20% savings across enterprises by enabling visibility across a building portfolio, boosting the efficiency of facility operations, and improving occupant safety and comfort, use, and lifecycle management.
Core solution components include IBM Tivoli Monitoring for Energy Management, IBM Business Services Manager, and IBM Maximo Asset Management, IBM Maximo Asset Management for Energy Optimization; and Johnson Controls’ Metasys Building Management Solution, Metasys Sustainability Manager, Energy and Emissions Management System, EnNEt middleware, Visual Living Lab and Technology Contracting services.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- Facilities Generate Revenue With Frequency Regulation
- FM Alert: Is Your Facility Ready For Winter Weather?