NEW SERVICE SPOTLIGHT: Furniture Repurposed with ANEW
Facility managers looking to find a second life for their furniture can look into the services provided by ANEW, a non-profit organization focused on collecting, organizing, and repurposing surplus furniture, fixtures, and equipment (FF&E) for donation to the underserved and those who support them.
The items collected by ANEW are repurposed for charitable organizations, public agencies and communities in need by providing surplus furniture, carpet, equipment, architectural materials, and building assets through strategic implementation of reuse, resale, repurposing, recycling, recovery of energy-from-waste, and net effect metrics.
The ANEW team captures the metrics associated with the FF&E received and reports it back to donors for transparency and compliance mandates as being set by the federal government. The organization also can provide documentation to be used for USGBC LEED Certification.
ANEW serves across the U.S. through its alliance with InstallNET, having over 250 independently owned, professional commercial furniture installers providing service for the donors and recipients.
Companies looking to liquidate assets typically face time sensitive issues in such areas as financial, environmental, philanthropic, and administrative. ANEW brings together solutions, offered in a comprehensive a-la-carte format designed for the client to select their best options.
ANEW is a single-point resource offering services focused on alternatives to traditional furniture liquidation through repurpose, resale, reuse and recycling of FF&E surplus. The ANEW team, made up of trained corporate interior designers, works directly with the facility manager, or if desired, the sustainability leader, office furniture dealer, contractor, or architect.
Sustaining Sponsors of ANEW are: Bentley Prince Street; InstallNET; and Knoll.
Industry Sponsors are: Armstrong Ceilings; Howard Building Corporation; IOPC Modular Millwork; National Office Furniture; OM Workspace; and Tangram.
Donors and Supporters include: AARP, Aetna, Gensler, Home Depot, Honeywell, Johnson Controls, Kaiser Permanente, Raytheon, and Warner Bros. For a full list, click here.
National Coalition Members include: Allsteel, Howard Building Corp., and Kimball Office. For a full list, click here.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices