Facility managers looking to find a second life for their furniture can look into the services provided by ANEW, a non-profit organization focused on collecting, organizing, and repurposing surplus furniture, fixtures, and equipment (FF&E) for donation to the underserved and those who support them.
The items collected by ANEW are repurposed for charitable organizations, public agencies and communities in need by providing surplus furniture, carpet, equipment, architectural materials, and building assets through strategic implementation of reuse, resale, repurposing, recycling, recovery of energy-from-waste, and net effect metrics.
The ANEW team captures the metrics associated with the FF&E received and reports it back to donors for transparency and compliance mandates as being set by the federal government. The organization also can provide documentation to be used for USGBC LEED Certification.
ANEW serves across the U.S. through its alliance with InstallNET, having over 250 independently owned, professional commercial furniture installers providing service for the donors and recipients.
Companies looking to liquidate assets typically face time sensitive issues in such areas as financial, environmental, philanthropic, and administrative. ANEW brings together solutions, offered in a comprehensive a-la-carte format designed for the client to select their best options.
ANEW is a single-point resource offering services focused on alternatives to traditional furniture liquidation through repurpose, resale, reuse and recycling of FF&E surplus. The ANEW team, made up of trained corporate interior designers, works directly with the facility manager, or if desired, the sustainability leader, office furniture dealer, contractor, or architect.
Sustaining Sponsors of ANEW are: Bentley Prince Street; InstallNET; and Knoll.
Industry Sponsors are: Armstrong Ceilings; Howard Building Corporation; IOPC Modular Millwork; National Office Furniture; OM Workspace; and Tangram.
Donors and Supporters include: AARP, Aetna, Gensler, Home Depot, Honeywell, Johnson Controls, Kaiser Permanente, Raytheon, and Warner Bros. For a full list, click here.
National Coalition Members include: Allsteel, Howard Building Corp., and Kimball Office. For a full list, click here.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- DCIM For Facility Management
- York Chiller Mobile App