The Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association (BIFMA) has reported that 41 commercial and institutional furniture manufacturers now have more than 1,800 furniture products level program certified.
“BIFMA is pleased to announce that the level sustainability certification program for furniture has exceeded the 40 manufacturer mark on the rapidly growing list of companies who produce level certified products. level provides interior designers, architects, facility managers, and others across all industries with an easy method to identify increasingly sustainable products,” said Tom Reardon, BIFMA executive director. “We are extremely pleased to see the efforts that these 41 manufacturing companies have made.”
Developed in accordance with the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) procedures, level is the label awarded to office furniture products that meet multiple criteria of the stringent, multi-attribute ANSI/BIFMA e3 Furniture Sustainability Standard. Earning the level mark requires validation by an approved third-party certification body.
level establishes measurable performance criteria to address environmental and social aspects of product manufacturing throughout the supply chain, including the areas of materials, energy and atmosphere, human and ecosystem health, and social responsibility. Choosing level certified products assures that the product is produced in an environmentally and socially conscious manner and comes from a responsible manufacturer.
Presently, the program includes three conformance tiers, level 1, 2, and 3, each requiring specific prerequisites and conformance to optional credits. level 3 is the highest conformance tier under the current ANSI/BIFMA program. The level certification program allows facility managers, architects, and designers to evaluate products using a ‘level’ playing field, based upon the product and manufacturer’s environmental and social impact.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention