As water scarcity continues to increase, industrial manufacturers are under pressure to sustainably optimize their systems by reducing costs and minimizing their environmental footprint. The challenge of water scarcity has motivated Dow Water & Process Solutions, a global business unit of DowDuPont Specialty Products Division, to develop advanced technologies and strengthen industry and customer partnerships to help provide clean water.
To help its customers meet this challenge, Dow has introduced WAVE (Water Application Value Engine) design software. WAVE integrates three of the industry’s key technologies for water purification – ultrafiltration (UF), reverse osmosis (RO), ion exchange (IX) – into one comprehensive tool, providing accurate water quality and system design models for water and wastewater treatment systems.
“In the past, Dow has offered single-technology design tools, but we wanted to simplify the multi-technology design process for our customers, ultimately looking to reduce the time needed to design optimized water treatment systems,” said Fabien Creus, program manager for Dow Water & Process Solutions. “Customers can now set, reset and calculate results all from one tool.”
Treating water often requires using a combination of multiple technologies to achieve the desired water quality for a specific application. With WAVE, Dow creates new opportunities for engineers to design differentiated and optimized solutions using the best technology at any single place in the water treatment chain as fast and accurately as needed.
The WAVE software offers a truly integrated solution, with the following benefits:
- Three technologies with 13 IX processes
- Improved and consistent algorithms
- True mass balance volumes/flows that reflect changes in density due to temperature, water composition and water compressibility
- Consistent hydraulic constraints and regeneration parameters, reflecting best practices and state-of-the-art product performance and application
- Harmonized data for all products and processes
- Improved case management functionalities and ability to share designs
- A summary and detailed report that can be easily saved, printed and exported
WAVE combines the best features of Dow’s earlier software models, such as ROSA, and upgrades the user experience by bridging the technologies together under one common, user-friendly and time-saving interface. It also allows for modelling with the latest Dow Water & Process Solutions innovations, including DOW IntegraFlux™ UF Modules, FILMTEC FORTILIFE™ Elements, and DOWEX MARATHON™ Resins.
Learn more about WAVE and download the software for free here.