The Bio Chemical Weed Pharm(TM), EPA Reg. No. 81936-1-81935 is a “food grade” non selective weed and grass killer, having an active ingredient of 200 grain vinegar (20% Acetic Acid) and which qualifies for use in organic production under Rule 205.605 of the USDA National Organic Program. Weed Pharm is manufactured by Pharm Solutions Inc. based in Port Townsend, WA.
University experiments have shown that show 20% acetic acid is as effective as chemical herbicides in killing annual and broadleaf weeds and weedy grasses with one application, (perennial weeds may require a second application) and weeds cannot build a resistance to the product as the acetic acid strips the leaves of their waxy coating preventing the collection of moisture and light.
This Pharm Solutions product is labeled for use as a horticultural vinegar for non-agricultural uses at the following types of sites. Recommended for the control of herbaceous broadleaf and grassy weeds and unwanted grasses around: buildings, storage areas, fence rows and driveways, landscaped areas, private association ornamental gardens, golf courses, school play fields, municipal, state, and federal parks, as well as recreation areas, non-cropland driveways, patios, sidewalks and bike/hike trails, kennels, dog runs, and other animal enclosures.
Weed Pharm is available at Whole Foods, Smith and Hawken, Fred Meyer, and independent lawn and garden centers across the U.S., as well as on the Pharm Solutions Web site. Bulk quantities—55 gallon drums, 275 gallon totes, and truckload quantities—are also available by contacting the company.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management