Fire Safety Materials Available
October is National Fire Prevention Month, and the Fire Equipment Manufacturers’ Association is recognizing this by offering free fire safety planning and preparedness educational materials. This action is meant to provide a way for businesses, employees, and the general public to learn about best practices in the event of a fire emergency.
The “Educational Materials” section of the Association’s Web site includes up-to-date fire safety tools and information for commercial, residential facilities and general public audiences. Materials range from interactive training sites for portable fire extinguishers, standpipe rack hose, and automated suppression systems to fire protection plans and an interactive safety quiz.
“Currently, many businesses are experiencing budget crunches and have to make tough cost cutting decisions, but safety should not be compromised,” said Jim Widmer, Association President. “With our new educational tools section, businesses can direct their employees to our Web site to access quick, hands-on—and free—fire equipment training and safety guides.”
The Fire Equipment Manufacturers’ Association emphasizes that National Fire Prevention Month serves as an annual reminder for businesses, from commercial to residential facilities, as well as the general public to reevaluate their fire safety plans and equipment, cautioning against complacency. The Association suggests that each October businesses take time to evaluate their fire protection plans, assess the building for fire hazards, check to ensure fire equipment is in proper working condition, and train staff to be prepared in the event of a fire emergency.
Materials can be downloaded from the association’s Web site free-of-charge, or ordered from the association in bulk quantities for a nominal printing fee.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices