Samsung LED Package Exceeds 6,000 Hour Test
IES LM-80-2008 is an industry standard that defines the method for testing LED lamps, arrays, and modules to determine their lumen depreciation characteristics. The goal of LM-80 is to allow a reliable comparison of test results among laboratories by establishing uniform test methods. This test data now enables LED luminaire and lamp manufacturers to satisfy ENERGY STAR lumen maintenance requirements and lessens the qualification time for ENERGY STAR qualification while using the Samsung LED 2323 LED package.
“We realize the importance ENERGY STAR certification plays in regards to utility rebates and are pleased to offer LM80 data to our customers as a guide for expected lumen maintenance,” stated Kevin Kim, CMO, VP Samsung LED. “This data along with other stringent quality assurance measures reinforces Samsung LED’s commitment to quality, high performing products across all product platforms and our mission of becoming the number one LED light source company in the world.”
Samsung LED’s mid-power LED (2323 package) has an efficacy of 120lm/W in cool white and a micro size footprint of 2.3mm x 2.3mm. It can be used in a variety of architectural, commercial and residential LED lighting applications and is currently being used in LED down light, lamp, flat panel, and tube products around the world.
In addition, Samsung LED is also nearing 6,000 hours of LM80 test data on other mid and high power LED packages.
Samsung LED previously announced that it became an EPA-Recognized Certification Body by obtaining ISO 17025 accreditation from the Korea Laboratory Accreditation Scheme (KOLAS). This accreditation allows Samsung LED to conduct independent 3rd party IES LM79, IES LM80 and ENERGY STAR® program qualification testing.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.