IES LM-80-2008 is an industry standard that defines the method for testing LED lamps, arrays, and modules to determine their lumen depreciation characteristics. The goal of LM-80 is to allow a reliable comparison of test results among laboratories by establishing uniform test methods. This test data now enables LED luminaire and lamp manufacturers to satisfy ENERGY STAR lumen maintenance requirements and lessens the qualification time for ENERGY STAR qualification while using the Samsung LED 2323 LED package.
“We realize the importance ENERGY STAR certification plays in regards to utility rebates and are pleased to offer LM80 data to our customers as a guide for expected lumen maintenance,” stated Kevin Kim, CMO, VP Samsung LED. “This data along with other stringent quality assurance measures reinforces Samsung LED’s commitment to quality, high performing products across all product platforms and our mission of becoming the number one LED light source company in the world.”
Samsung LED’s mid-power LED (2323 package) has an efficacy of 120lm/W in cool white and a micro size footprint of 2.3mm x 2.3mm. It can be used in a variety of architectural, commercial and residential LED lighting applications and is currently being used in LED down light, lamp, flat panel, and tube products around the world.
In addition, Samsung LED is also nearing 6,000 hours of LM80 test data on other mid and high power LED packages.
Samsung LED previously announced that it became an EPA-Recognized Certification Body by obtaining ISO 17025 accreditation from the Korea Laboratory Accreditation Scheme (KOLAS). This accreditation allows Samsung LED to conduct independent 3rd party IES LM79, IES LM80 and ENERGY STAR® program qualification testing.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?