Thornton Tomasetti, an international engineering firm, has completed acquisition of Fore Solutions, a green building consulting firm that will allow Thornton Tomasetti to expand its sustainability consulting services and integrate green objectives across all of its practices.
The new Building Sustainability practice will be headed by Gunnar Hubbard, Fore Solution’s principal and founder, who becomes a principal at Thornton Tomasetti. Wolfgang Werner, formerly director of sustainability, becomes a vice president and head of the practice’s East U.S. region.
With the creation of its Green Building Strategy Team in 2007 and a sustainability department in 2010, Thornton Tomasetti started offering sustainability services and performing sustainability project work. The addition of Fore Solutions will greatly advance Thornton Tomasetti’s sustainability services effort to address clients’ needs for high performance, energy efficient buildings. Fore Solutions’ key services include:
- Sustainable Building Strategies
- LEED Consulting & Administration
- Innovation in Green Building
- Energy & Daylight Modeling
- Owners’ Sustainability Representation
- Education & Training
The Fore Solutions team remains based in Portland, ME, which is now a Thornton Tomasetti office within the East U.S. region. While the company has a global reach, projects in North America that Fore Solutions has worked on include: MGM MIRAGE CityCenter, Las Vegas, NV; Harvard University, Allston Science Complex, Allston, MA; and Genzyme Manufacturing Facility in Massachusetts.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention