NEW SERVICE SPOTLIGHT: Expanded Green Guidance from Thornton Tomasetti
Thornton Tomasetti, an international engineering firm, has completed acquisition of Fore Solutions, a green building consulting firm that will allow Thornton Tomasetti to expand its sustainability consulting services and integrate green objectives across all of its practices.
The new Building Sustainability practice will be headed by Gunnar Hubbard, Fore Solution’s principal and founder, who becomes a principal at Thornton Tomasetti. Wolfgang Werner, formerly director of sustainability, becomes a vice president and head of the practice’s East U.S. region.
With the creation of its Green Building Strategy Team in 2007 and a sustainability department in 2010, Thornton Tomasetti started offering sustainability services and performing sustainability project work. The addition of Fore Solutions will greatly advance Thornton Tomasetti’s sustainability services effort to address clients’ needs for high performance, energy efficient buildings. Fore Solutions’ key services include:
- Sustainable Building Strategies
- LEED Consulting & Administration
- Innovation in Green Building
- Energy & Daylight Modeling
- Owners’ Sustainability Representation
- Education & Training
The Fore Solutions team remains based in Portland, ME, which is now a Thornton Tomasetti office within the East U.S. region. While the company has a global reach, projects in North America that Fore Solutions has worked on include: MGM MIRAGE CityCenter, Las Vegas, NV; Harvard University, Allston Science Complex, Allston, MA; and Genzyme Manufacturing Facility in Massachusetts.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.