Thornton Tomasetti, an international engineering firm, has completed acquisition of Fore Solutions, a green building consulting firm that will allow Thornton Tomasetti to expand its sustainability consulting services and integrate green objectives across all of its practices.
The new Building Sustainability practice will be headed by Gunnar Hubbard, Fore Solution’s principal and founder, who becomes a principal at Thornton Tomasetti. Wolfgang Werner, formerly director of sustainability, becomes a vice president and head of the practice’s East U.S. region.
With the creation of its Green Building Strategy Team in 2007 and a sustainability department in 2010, Thornton Tomasetti started offering sustainability services and performing sustainability project work. The addition of Fore Solutions will greatly advance Thornton Tomasetti’s sustainability services effort to address clients’ needs for high performance, energy efficient buildings. Fore Solutions’ key services include:
- Sustainable Building Strategies
- LEED Consulting & Administration
- Innovation in Green Building
- Energy & Daylight Modeling
- Owners’ Sustainability Representation
- Education & Training
The Fore Solutions team remains based in Portland, ME, which is now a Thornton Tomasetti office within the East U.S. region. While the company has a global reach, projects in North America that Fore Solutions has worked on include: MGM MIRAGE CityCenter, Las Vegas, NV; Harvard University, Allston Science Complex, Allston, MA; and Genzyme Manufacturing Facility in Massachusetts.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management