Thornton Tomasetti, an international engineering firm, has completed acquisition of Fore Solutions, a green building consulting firm that will allow Thornton Tomasetti to expand its sustainability consulting services and integrate green objectives across all of its practices.
The new Building Sustainability practice will be headed by Gunnar Hubbard, Fore Solution’s principal and founder, who becomes a principal at Thornton Tomasetti. Wolfgang Werner, formerly director of sustainability, becomes a vice president and head of the practice’s East U.S. region.
With the creation of its Green Building Strategy Team in 2007 and a sustainability department in 2010, Thornton Tomasetti started offering sustainability services and performing sustainability project work. The addition of Fore Solutions will greatly advance Thornton Tomasetti’s sustainability services effort to address clients’ needs for high performance, energy efficient buildings. Fore Solutions’ key services include:
- Sustainable Building Strategies
- LEED Consulting & Administration
- Innovation in Green Building
- Energy & Daylight Modeling
- Owners’ Sustainability Representation
- Education & Training
The Fore Solutions team remains based in Portland, ME, which is now a Thornton Tomasetti office within the East U.S. region. While the company has a global reach, projects in North America that Fore Solutions has worked on include: MGM MIRAGE CityCenter, Las Vegas, NV; Harvard University, Allston Science Complex, Allston, MA; and Genzyme Manufacturing Facility in Massachusetts.
You might like:
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- Trends: Lighting Takes Center Stage
- Friday Funny: The Verdict’s In On Pets At Work
- Education Case Study: Wellness In Action
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Physical Security Planning
- Question Of The Week: Design Leads To Tricky Facility Repair?
- JLL Creates Workplace Of The Future At Revamped HQ
- The HVAC Factor: New Life For An Aging Chiller Plant
- Why Governance Is Critical To Successful Outsourcing
- Friday Funny: Take Me (And Your Wallet) Out To The Ballgame
- Friday Funny: Building Face Draws Curb Appeal?
- Clean Energy Finance Tool Awarded At Bloomberg Event
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms